August 13


How to Create Less, Promote More

I’m putting out this video 2 weeks after the last one. I promised you 1 video a week. But for circumstances that outmanoevered me, I had to wait 2 weeks.

This is ironic because  this episode is about creating less to avoid being overwhelmed.

Was I overwhelmed last week? Absolutely.

Did my ability to put out consistent content suffer? Yes

At first I was mortified. Literally sick with stress.

Then I reminded myself of my own lesson – sometimes to produce epic, it’s okay to take a little extra time. I told myself my audience was not going to disappear just because I took an extra week to pour my energies and heart into something.

Because, you see, with this episode, I will also be releasing my first e-book on the same topic as this video.

It’s been a scary, daunting and and full of uncertainties experience. I second-guessed myself every step of the way. But I kept pushing. That’s why it took so long. Hopefully, you’ll like it. *fingers crossed*

Watch my video below on why “creating less, promoting more” is the answer to creating real value in the world.

If you liked this video, make sure you’re subscribed to receive one video a week + exclusive discounts in your inbox!

Okay, so now it’s YOUR turn. In the comments below I want you to tell me if you can start to produce less without freaking out? How often do you think you should be creating?



The #1 Problem with Content Creation

In study after study and research after research, time and again most people say they just can’t keep up with the volume of content that a business needs to create to keep up visibility, keep members engaged and keep them interested. So constantly creating great content becomes their biggest headache and a chore.

And frankly speaking who likes doing chores all the time? Pretty soon your work begins to feel stale and you start nearing burnout just from the pressure you’ve put on yourself to constantly create!

And just thinking about all the work you have to do can get you into not doing anything at all. Paralysis analysis. So instead of actually getting started you do nothing at all.

This was me.

But hold on. I want you to rewind for just a bit. And I’m going to tell you a secret that not many people will say out loud.

Its OKAY to not produce content all the time.

Say it with me. Its okay…

But I can hear you thinking… traffic will suffer, people will stop engaging, my analytics graph is going to look so bad!

I want you to take a deep breath with me. Breathe in. Breathe out.

You Need to Stop Creating So Much…

Now I want you to think about this: there’s so much happening all the time that people are overwhelmed. People will only stop and look at you if your work is so remarkable and if it resonates with them.

You don’t have to update your Facebook page status every day. You don’t have to write 10zillion twitter updates every day.

Stop!!!! I’m giving you permission to stop.

So instead of constantly creating, you need to create less.

And the corollary to creating less is promoting more.

So here’s what you really need to do:

Decide on creating one epic piece of content. It could be anything. It could be a blog post, an article, a tip, a video, a doodle, a photograph, a graphic, a podcast – whatever medium you are most comfortable with.

Create less. Promote more.

Why Should you Create Less & Promote More

Here are some reasons:

  • Creating less frees you up to create better.
  • Promoting great stuff is good for everybody – you, me, your bank account
  • Creating and promoting mediocre shit helps no one
  • Creating more frequently hones your skill, yes – promote only selective pieces from all your creations
  • Less and more are subjective. Less for me might mean once a week but for you might mean once a day

Spend 20% of your time creating creating. Spend the other 80% of your time promoting it in different formats and channels to reach a wider audience. See who it can help. Reach out to them. Share it on all your networks.

If you’ve written a post that going to help tech startups get funding for instance, then you want to share it every place your audience hangs out.

Because if you’ve created epic, chances are that a lot more people will want to see it than if you’d created mediocre.

And epic gives you the confidence to promote it. Because you’re so damn proud of it.

Your Turn

If you want to know more about the creating less, promoting more philosophy, you can download my free guide: Create Less Promote More. A Field Guide to Quality Content And Targeted Promotions.





80/20 rule of content, content creation, create less promote more, how to create epic content, how to promote more authentically, why you should create less

You may also like

{"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}

Direct Your Visitors to a Clear Action at the Bottom of the Page